Scan arteries and veins
with ultrasound to :
- Investigate the progression of disease processes. Ultrasound can provide data on anatomical changes, such as plaque formation, plaque size and composition as well as blood velocity
- Determine the flow volume in a particular artery
- Determine physical changes in artery walls
- Determination of intravascular thrombus location.
- Determine the health and nature of tissues supplied by that artery
The Vevo 2100 High-Frequency Ultrasound System from Vevo Imaging Systems (VISUALSONICS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands).
Number of animals: 7 mice/gender/genotype/experimental group